I am Kristin Macy, and I am excited for you to be part of the community this year! Below is some information about me so you have a friendly face to come to if you need anything in the coming weeks, as well as info about communication and upcoming dates.
This will be my 8th year as Principal/Director of Cascade Heights Public Charter School. I am an Oregon native who lives in Happy Valley with my family. My two children attend CHPCS, so when I say I understand the parent experience, I mean it. I am passionate about education in general, equitable access for students, and empowering teachers to be their best selves in the classroom.
I love the outdoors, reading, playing board games, and music. I find significant peace in the kitchen and love cooking and baking. Later in the year, I will have a cooking club for students in grades 4-8! Last year, we made Jeruselum artichokes, learned to grill steak, made fajitas, learned how to cut and cook many types of vegetables, and more.
We are in this together!
- Your classroom teacher will send an email with a Back To School video to help you get to know them, keep up to date on happenings in the classroom, and understand their specific communication plan.
- Throughout the year, you will receive communications from me regarding school-wide information, upcoming events, school news, communicable disease info, and fun updates.
- In case of a school closure due to inclement weather or any other reason, I will email all families and post on the school's Facebook page and the website. We follow the North Clackamas School District policies for inclement weather closures. That means if they close for snow, we close for snow!
- Throughout the year, I will send survey information regarding school-wide decisions that need to be made. We welcome your input and feedback and want your voice to be heard.
- Please make sure you keep up with communication from the office. Farrah Tran will send critical information, including background check info, time-sensitive forms and records requests, homework club, and lunch information.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
- The first half day of school for kindergarten is Tuesday, September 5th, from 8-11:30.
- The first full day of school for everyone is Wednesday, September 6th, 8-3:30.
- The first field trip Friday of the year is October 6th
- The first Board of Directors Meeting for the year will be Monday, September 18th, at 6:30 pm in the library.